Daily dental care is essential for proper oral health. Brushing and regular flossing are the keys.
You should brush your teeth at least twice a day, morning and evening, ideally after each meal.
The ABCs of brushing
- Put about 1 cm of toothpaste on the brush.
- Hold the brush at a 45-degree angle, with the bristles below the gum line at the bottom of your teeth.
- Brush for at least two minutes.
- Use a gentle rotating motion. Clean all the surfaces of every tooth.
- Brush your tongue.
- Rinse your toothbrush and leave it out to dry.
Don’t brush too hard: it can irritate your teeth and cause gum recession. Over time it can wear them down.